Who do I Contact to File a Social Security Disability Claim?

16857371_sInitially, most Social Security Disability claims are processed through a local Social Security field office, or a State Agency in your area. You should contact either the Social Security Administration Office (SSA) or the Disability Determination Services (DDSs) that is closest to where you live. You can call or visit one of these offices to obtain the necessary forms and paperwork. These field offices have Representatives who will accept your application in person, but you should also know that you can submit your application and related forms by telephone, by mail, or by filing online at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/dibplan/dapply.htm. There are advantages to filing online because you can start your disability claim immediately, you won’t have to wait for an appointment, and you can avoid trips to your Social Security office, which will save you time, money and stress.

Leave a Reply